Drawing Attention to your Brand with Social Media
5 Tips to Draw attention with your Social Media Account
- Visual Branding: This is when you use the power of visuals to capture your viewers’ attention. It requires a touch of color psychology and the ability to manipulate graphics to create something stunning. Something that would remind your viewers of your brand whenever it shows up on their screen. This does not have to be a logo, although there are free online resources like this to help with that. It can be a particular filter on your Instagram page or a short animated intro on your page. Doing things like this consistently in all your posts would give you an identity that would make you stand out from other brands.
- Focus on different areas: this is a good idea for brands with various products and services. Having multiple social media accounts gives you the chance to create niche accounts for each of your products. This way, you can focus on branding each of the products to stir up their relevance and make a name for each of them. One of the best ways to go about this is to create an account for each product and an account for your customers’ different locations. You can also create a separate account for customer support and inquiries. This makes you present on their timeline more than a single account would.
- Post content more frequently: if you fear running out of content soon, then you should not even consider using social media for digital marketing. There are tons of brands all over the internet that would easily take your place if you slack for too long. In a matter of time, your loyal customers would find their way to other brands that catch their attention. To stay afloat, you have to divert your viewers’ attention to your content continually.
- Create a Voice: Giving your brand a voice does not mean that you should post only audio content at all times. You need to make sure your personality can be felt and understood in all your posts. Make your social media content seem like it is coming from a personal perspective to resonate on a personal level with all your potential customers.
- Show your true company culture: in as much as you want to give your customers an impeccable array of products and top-quality services, your customers would not be able to tell your intentions for them. The only way around this is to show them and not tell what you have for them. Let them know what it is like to do business with you and the values you stand for. In a matter of time, they would begin to trust you and your services.